Mozilla Firefox 4 Mobile Download for Maemo and Android: Features
Mozilla is proud to announce the release of Firefox 4 for Mobile, based on the same open technology platform as the desktop version of Firefox. Android and Maemo users now have an easy, fast and customisable way to take their Firefox browser wherever they go.
New features such as Firefox Sync will enable users to seamlessly access their browsing history, bookmarks, open tabs, form data and passwords, so more time is spent on browsing and less time spent on typing. See a full list of what’s new in Firefox 4 for Mobile below.
Gary Kovacs, CEO of Mozilla had this to say about Firefox 4 for Mobile, “The launch of Firefox 4 for Mobile is a major step toward making the Web accessible and customisable for all users wherever they go. As we live more of our lives online, Firefox has become a trusted environment, providing a modern, intuitive and secure experience across desktop and mobile devices.”
To learn more about Firefox 4 for Android and Maemo, check out the following additional materials:
– Watch a video showcase of what’s new in Firefox 4 for Android and Maemo
– Access screenshots and logos
– Download from the Android Market.
– For Maemo devices visit Firefox.com/m via your default browser.
What’s new in Firefox 4 for Mobile?
– Focus on Web content: Users can focus on the websites they visit using features like tabs, one-touch bookmarking and browser controls that stow away when they’re not in use
Private and Secure Synchronisation
– Firefox Sync: access Awesome Bar history, bookmarks, open tabs, passwords and form data across multiple computers and mobile devices with secure end-to-end encryption
– Firefox offers thousands of ways for users to customise the look, features and functionality of their mobile Web browser using Firefox Add-ons
Browse More, Type Less
– Awesome Screen: Reduce the need to type on your devie with easy access to history, bookmarks and open tabs
– Save to PDF: capture important websites, such as directions or boarding passes, to be viewed offline
– Share Page: Use apps to share websites like emails, Facebook, Twitter and more
– Add Search Engine: easily customise your search engine list
Cutting Edge Tools for Web Developers:
– Firefox improves existing tools like CSS, Canvas and SVG to enable developers to make exciting Web pages
– HTML5 support in Firefox for Mobile includes Location-Aware Browsing (LINK), device orientation, accelerometer, desktop notifications and more.
Source – Mozilla