Breaking News: HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) now official and coming late summer
This is breaking news of HTC unveiling their very advanced next-gen phone for business minded people, this business phone is none other than the awesome HTC Touch Pro which is also called HTC Raphael.
The HTC Touch Pro aka Raphael was released in T-Mobile as T-Mobile MDA Vario IV which is similar to that of the HTC Touch Diamond, this smartphone will feature the stunning TouchFLO 3D which will help you get through very fast with common tasks such as calendar appointments, messaging and making calls with just one touch. The introduction of Touch Diamond and Touch Pro it is fair to say that HTC delivers highly on a very good new mobile Internet experience that utilizes broadband-like speeds with HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA wireless connectivity. They also provide a fantastic new customized mobile Web browser (Opera) that will indeed enable easy viewing similar to that of viewings on the PC.
You can turn the device like the Apple iPhone for example to view either landscape or portrait mode, the device has the YouTube application and of course fantastic Web browsing. This phone is designed to be comfortable in the hand and with features such as new five-row QWERTY keyboard layout makes this phone a very useful one indeed, the sliding keyboard is an added benefit, this means working on Microsoft Office documents or email makes it all quick and easy.
The HTC Touch Pro aka HTC Raphael will be available across all major European, Middle East and China markets in late summer, Latin American and North American versions of this phone will be available later on in 2008.
Recap of the specs:
– WCDMA/HSPA: 900/2100MHz. HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA Connectivity
– Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Operating system
– 2.8-inch VGA touch screen display
– 3.2MP Camera with video calling
– 512 MB flash, 288 MB RAM internal memory
– microSDTM memory card (SD 2.0 compatible) Expansion Slot
– Slide-out 5 row QWERTY keyboard
– Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
– WiFi 802.11b/g
– HTC ExtUSB? (mini-USB and audio jack in one; USB 2.0 High-Speed)
– 1350 mAh Battery
– Talk time: GSM: up to 8 hours
– Standby time: GSM: up to two-weeks
– Chipset: Qualcomm MSM 7201A 528MHz
– Size: 102 x 51 x 18.05mm
– Weight: 165 grams
Source — HTC