Jailbreak iPhone iOS 4 Using JailbreakMe: Step-by-Step Guide
We have mentioned before about the Jailbreak iPhone iOS 4 and JailbreakMe website and many readers have come across difficulties, well below we have step-by-step guide on how to use Jailbreak Me to unlock any iPhone’s running iOS 4.
Before we start we recommend you reading Helium’s Website as they have a few details and warnings about Jailbreaking and JailbreakMe.
JailbreakMe is a browser-based application that will allow you jailbreak the Apple iPhone, basically unlocking the device that will allow you to install third-party applications that are not Apple approved.
Here is the How to Jailbreak an iPhone running iOS 4:
1. Backup iPhone using iTunes, just in case a reversal of the process is needed to restore the phone to its previous state.
2. Open JailbreakMe.com in the iOS 4 iPhone using the Safari browser. Connection speed and the busy state of the website may contribute to how fast the website loads.
3. Slide the iPhone to “Slide to Jailbreak”, after which JailbreakMe starts downloading. This may take some few minutes.
4. When the download is completed, “Cydia” appears on the iPhone indicating that the phone has been completely unlocked, thereby allowing the installation of Apple unapproved software applications and themes.
5. In cases where a reversal of the unlocking action is needed, the iTunes “Restore” will do just do that only if the user had backed up before unlocking the phone.