RIM Dilemma: Wait for BlackBerry Storm or get Bold Instead?

Now many of you RIM BlackBerry users out there are probably having a dilemma right about now, do you wait for the BlackBerry Storm and get that, or do you simply get the BlackBerry bold which is out this month?

The BlackBerry Bold has the release date set for October 26th, and has we all know the Blackberry Storm 9500 has no real official date for release as of yet, but you can expect it to be around sometime in November.

Personally we say the wait is worth it for the BlackBerry Storm as it has a cool 3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus and flash, whereas the Bold only has a mere 2 megapixel camera, but maybe many of you hate waiting and will just opt for the bold 9000. So please as your views are important to us, what will you do “Wait for BlackBerry Storm or get Bold Instead? Please post comments below.


8 thoughts on “RIM Dilemma: Wait for BlackBerry Storm or get Bold Instead?”

  1. bob says:

    I’m probably going to get the Bold only because I don’t care for touch screens.
    That being said the Oct 26 release date for the bold is about as official as the November release date for the Storm. In fact the Strom may very well come ot before the Bold. I mean Orange in the UK has stopped selling the Bold due to quality issues. So there is no telling when it will be released here

  2. Deric Kettel says:

    Should I get the Bold or wait for the Storm, I have been asking myself that for the last two weeks. Do I have an answer for myself yet? No. My 8703e is still working so i guess I can wait, but I’m just not sure if I will like a touch screen. I mean I’m already cleaning my screen now like 10 times a day. I don’t know if a dirty screen is something I want all the time. 🙂

  3. ebarn says:


    I was torn between both as well. But seeing how the Bold has run into so many problems has made me wonder and the thrown me a bit towards the Storm.

  4. JMS says:

    Since I don’t have Verizon, I guess I will wait for the Bold. But I don’t think AT&T will have it on the 26th… At least they aren’t admitting to it yet!

  5. Tommymt says:

    I have been wondering about that choice for the last few weeks as well. Since AT&tT seems to have so many more network problems than Verizon, I think I will wait for the Storm.