Official Orange UK iPhone News: Pricing, Release Date and Plans
Good news for all those who would love the Apple iPhone 3G or 3GS and not on the O2 network either, yes a new press release that was emailed to confirms that this handset will be on sale with Orange UK on November 10th.
Orange Stores will be open on Tuesday November 10 from 7am (early-bird opening and late closing in selected stores) allowing you to get either on Contract or Pay As You Go price plans and of course both business and consumer customers.
You will be able to get the Apple iPhone in Orange shops, Carphone Warehouse, Orange HMV concessions, Phones4U, Orange on-line and many more, the iPhone will be available free from Â£30 on 24 month Orange contract, apparently you will get the best 3G network in the UK, covering more people than any other, along with extensive nationwide WIFI coverage, offering the most compelling multimedia experience available.
Read the full press release below:
London UK, November 2, 2009: Orange today announced that it will launch iPhone in the UK on 10th November. iPhone 3G and 3GS will be available in Orange stores on Tuesday November 10 from 7am*, with new great value Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go price plans for both business and consumer customers.
iPhone 3GS is the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet, packed with incredible new features including improved speed and performance – up to twice as fast as iPhone 3G, with longer battery life, a high-quality 3 megapixel autofocus camera, easy to use video recording and hands free voice control. iPhone customers also get access to more than 85,000 applications from Apple’s revolutionary App Store, the largest application store in the world where customers have already downloaded over two billion apps.
iPhone will be available in all 402 UK Orange stores, its online shop, telesales channels, and its Orange HMV concessions, as well as through Apple Retail Stores, Carphone Warehouse, Phones4U and other selected high street partners. A number of Orange stores across the UK* will be celebrating the launch of iPhone on Orange with early opening times from 7am on November 10th, with other stores across the country keeping their doors open until late. Orange globally now offers iPhone in 28 countries and territories.
Tom Alexander, CEO of Orange UK, said, “The excitement for the iPhone is immense, and this is a great day for our customers, our company and our employees. Since we announced the iPhone on Orange we have already seen more than a quarter of a million customers register their interest on our website. We will be matching their enthusiasm with a 3G mobile broadband network that covers more people in the UK than any other operator, a commitment to deliver the best 3G experience on the iPhone and best-in-class applications and plans. Earlier this year we stated our ambition to become the destination brand of choice for high end mobile users in the UK. With the launch of the iPhone on November 10 we’re pleased to be fulfilling that ambition.”
Orange iPhone Pricing:
Orange is launching a range of specifically designed iPhone plans and price points all with excellent data usage options, to ensure as many people as possible can enjoy iPhone on Orange.
– Pay Monthly – iPhone 8GB, 16GB and 32GB models will be available on multiple monthly plans, with the 3GS free on all Â£45 plans and the 3G model free from Â£30 plans (both with a 24-month contract). For those looking for full all-inclusive packages, a new high end “traveller” offer with inclusive roaming call and data allowance is available at Â£125 month. All plans include unlimited** anytime, anywhere UK mobile data usage on Orange’s data network, which has the largest 3G population coverage in the UK. In addition customers will also get free unlimited use of the UK’s largest single public Wi-Fi network, BT Openzone.
– Pay as You Go (PAYG) — Customers topping-up by Â£50 at purchase will be able to buy an iPhone 3G on Orange PAYG for Â£333. Any customer buying an iPhone on Orange PAYG will automatically get 250MB of data each month, plus unlimited use of the UK’s largest single public Wi-Fi network, BT Openzone, for 12 months.
– SME Plans – Similar to PAYM Consumer pricing, with an additional Â£50 monthly tariff.
– iPhone tethering bundles – Customers wanting to use their iPhone to get mobile broadband on their laptop can take out additional bundles starting at Â£5 per month.
Full detail on pricing and plans available at www.orange.co.uk/iphone
– Read full press release here also