RedSn0w Download Jailbreak Tool: Massive Update Looks Good
The massive RedSn0w jailbreak tool update is now available, and we would love to know what you think of it. There are many new features to keep you busy for a while; this is a huge update even though it does not add support firmware for the new firmware.
The new update is named RedSn0w 0.9.9b1 and is for both Mac and Windows, before we give you its features, you should know that it will-not give you the untethered iOS 5 jailbreak just in case you ask.
The many new feature options within the new RedSn0w download jailbreak tool includes the likes of DFU mode that allows automatic determination of which device and FW you have.
It will find parts of public IPSWs from Apple and non-public IPSWs must be provided manually, it will then catch these pieces for future usage. Another feature called “Just boot” is a tethered boot. Uses whatever “Preferences” you’ve set for boot logo and kernel boot-args.
Other features include: “Pwned DFU” puts your device in a pwned DFU state for some of the iTunes stuff, “SHSH blobs”, “Select IPSW” is for picking non-public IPSWs, or overriding auto-detection, “Fetch” — fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device. Should complete in under 10 or 15 seconds. Puts the set of PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist. Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build. If not, it submits this PARTIAL set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection and so much more. Check out more below.
– ”Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server. You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want (like the TinyUmbrella directory)
– “Submit” – both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia. This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server
– ”Query” — queries the Cydia server for all available FULL or PARTIAL blobs for a given set of ECIDs
– “Stitch” — stitches either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a STOCK or CUSTOM IPSW
1. FULL blobs stitched to a STOCK IPSW gives you a completely self-contained signed IPSW that iTunes will accept without any tricks (no need to go into pwned DFU mode, no need to start TinyUmbrella TSS server, no need to redirect to Cydia server for blobs).
2. PARTIAL blobs stitched to any IPSW require you to go into pwned DFU mode before running iTunes. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
3. Stitching either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a CUSTOM IPSW also requires a pwned DFU start before iTunes restores. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
4. Stitching is NOT yet supported on iPhones (well, at least not tested). Need to work out the baseband part of the restore process.
5. Will eventually support fetching the blobs directly from Cydia instead of a file on your computer.
Confused? Head on over to our RedSn0w page for a step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak your iDevice using this software (hint: it’s easy).
Please do let us know if you have used RedSn0w? If you have head on down to the commenting area and let us know how you got on. Thanks.