>

A possible fix to get O2 UK network service again: Update

Today we reported that the O2 UK network is down for thousands of customers, but we would like to bring it to your attention for those suffering the network loss a solution.

We may have found a possible fix to get O2 UK network again, it seems to work for some after we tested it. We contacted many of our friends as well as our social network followers to test what we found and it works for about 60 percent of them, the other 40 percent still have no network signal.

TRY THIS: Go into your settings on your device and switch 3G OFF, we done this and for some reason can call and text again, which clearly shows O2 have a 3G problem and not a signal issues. We turned 3G back on again and are not able to call or text again, switch 3G back off and hey presto it works. Please try this and let us know how you get on.

The O2 network has been having issues since yesterday and O2 are working very hard to resume business as usual, but what we have found out is well worth trying, please give it a go then leave us a comment below letting us know if it works or not.

UPDATE: We have found that this works in certain areas, we have had 20 people try this out in Bristol and it does not work, it does work in some parts of Kent though.

UPDATE 2: O2 have just put this up online “08:00 – We can confirm that our 2G network service has now been restored. Customers who were affected should now be able to make and receive calls.Our 3G service is starting to restore and customers should expect to see a gradual return of data services as the day progresses.Customers affected may wish to try switching their mobile phones off and on as service returns.We are sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused some customers and can provide reassurance that we continue to deploy all possible resources, and will do so until full service is restored.”

Comments

13 thoughts on “A possible fix to get O2 UK network service again: Update”

  1. Reply
    Na_simpson says:

    I tried switching 3g off and it worked for me. I can text and call as normal.  Thanks for your help.

  2. Reply
    hmt says:

    i have a blackberry and it didnt work for me, really wish i could change my network had nothing but problems with it since the day i changed to it but unfortunatly im stuck on a contract phone so i cant change until that runs out! 

  3. Reply
    PAUL says:

    I have a lg k500 not the best phone but have been unable to use it at all since the crash,however turning the phone on and off made no difference was only until I went to reset factory settings that it worked. Hope this little bit of advice helps someone.Good Luck. Paul.

  4. Reply
    Shane says:

    I have an I phone 4s and I have tried turning it off and on a few times and also tried turning the 3g off but still no luck ?? I do hope we will get compensation for this inconvenience as I need my phone for my business !!! Not Happy

Live Comment

Your email address will not be published.