Sony Ericsson C905 (8.1 megapixel) and S302 Official Unveiled: available from Q4 2008
Oh yes the awesome 8.1 megapixel Sony Ericsson C905 and the placid 2.0 megapixel camera phones from Sony Ericsson has officially been unveiled, the Sony Ericsson C905 is the one that excites us here because it is without a doubt the best camera phone we will see in a while, with a staggering 8.1 megapixels this mobile phone is just as good as any normal digital camera.
The Sony Ericsson C905 besides the camera bit features quad-band GSM (9-hours talk / 380 hours standby), tri-band UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900/2100 on the C905a worldphone variant, GPS with Google Maps, A2DP stereo Bluetooth, 2GB of included Memory Stick Micro (M2), WiFi with DLNA support, TV-out and an auto-rotating, 2.4-inch scratch-resistant QVGA display.
Please read the full Official Sony Ericsson Press Release below:
Singapore, 17 June 2008 — The C905 is Sony Ericsson’s first Cyber-shot slider and its most advanced camera phone yet. With an 8.1 megapixel camera and real camera flash amongst its cutting-edge capabilities, it offers easy photo-taking in a phone that derives its looks from a digital camera and offers the picture quality to match. In comparison the S302 Snapshot is for those who want it all at an affordable price — good looks, must-have features and a pocket-sized slim design.
“The C905 Cyber-shotâ„¢ and S302 Snapshot have been developed to make us all better photographers! That means making it easier to take great shots and never missing that magic moment.” said Sven TottÃ©, Head of Imaging Marketing at Sony Ericsson. “Although both have photography at their core, the phones are very distinct; the 8.1megapixel C905 is a viable alternative to a digital camera and the S302 is perfect for those who don’t want to miss a moment and like to send or Bluetoothâ„¢ their photos to their friends.”
The new C905 Cyber-shotâ„¢
Take your best shot
– Complete digital camera experience on a phone — true digital camera styling and an 8.1 megapixel camera with Xenon flash
– Outstanding picture quality — complete with face detection auto-focus, smart contrast and image stabilizer
– From baby’s first steps to an amazing sunset; store them all on the 2GB Memory Stick Microâ„¢ (M2Â®) included
– The USB adaptor (CCR-70) provided in-box allows for easy transfer of your photos to-and-from your PC.
– View high-quality pictures on the phones impressive 2.4” scratch-resistant mineral glass display
– Share your memories — send your photos wirelessly from your phone to your TV via Wi-Fiâ„¢ (using DLNA), or connect with wires using the TV-Out Cable ITC-60, also announced today
– Upload photos to your own online blogsite or print your photos with fantastic resolution up to A3 size
– Much more than a camera phone – GPS-enabled for geo-tagging of photos and navigation support.
The new S302 Snapshot
Good for your image
– Slick and slimline with a stylish design and a premium, high-gloss finish
– 2.0 megapixel camera with an easy-to-learn camera menu. Use the S302 just like you would a digital camera
– Photo light and Photo fix — useful photo functions to help you get the shots you want
– Capture the action – video recording and playback
– Room for your entire photo album – up to 20 MB internal memory and Memory Stick Microâ„¢ (M2â„¢) support
– Transfer photos easily via USB, Bluetoothâ„¢ or Memory Stick Microâ„¢
Building on Sony Ericsson’s camera phone heritage, the C905 Cyber-shotâ„¢ phone and S302 Snapshot are all-round performers that maximise their camera credentials. The S302 introduces a premium looking, yet affordable phone with a snapshot camera at-hand when needed. The C905 is a powerful 8.1 megapixel camera phone that looks, feels and acts like a real camera.
The C905 Cyber-shotâ„¢ will be available in three colours (Night Black, Ice Silver and Copper Gold) in selected markets from Q4 2008. It will support the following networks:
– C905: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 2100.
– C905a: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900/2100
– C905c: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900.
The S302 Snapshot will be available in Crystal Blue and Thunder Grey in selected markets from Q4 2008. The S302 (and S302c for China markets) will support GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900.
TV-Out Cable ITC-60 will be available Q4 2008
Source — Sony Ericsson