iPhone Apps Vs BlackBerry App Center: Storm the Apple
Got to love it when someone comes up with a new thing and this is exactly what this news is all about, we have called it “iPhone Apps Vs BlackBerry App Center” because there is an all new BlackBerry App Center coming soon.
Now we know about phones and all but we did not even here about this until we visited the source below, it seems the App Center went right under the radar system. We all know that the BlackBerry Storm is coming and will be releasing pretty soon, so to have this new application center is fantastic news, it is being release by Vodafone and Verizon in November.
Take a look at this list; we think you will like it:
1. Carriers will be responsible for hosting the application data and sending updates to the directory to RIM.
2. The Application Center will be available on 4.7 Storm devices and will be designed for the Storm touch screen UI.
3. The main application screen will provide the user with a list of all applications that are available for install from the particular carrier for the specific device model and OS version. Incompatible applications will not be displayed.
4. The user will be provided with various status info: date the app list was most recently updated; notification that updates are available; option to reapplication list was completed, etc.
5. The main screen will provide the user the ability to quickly browse the application list, then view the available information about each application in a detailed description screen which shows the logo and full description. Installation will occur with one click (launches the web browser).
6. The Application Center will automatically check for updates daily.
7. Since the download and installation will be handled by the browser in this first release, the Application Center will not be capable of restarting the application / download intelligently.
8. The user will be able to access the Options > Applications screen from within the App Center (allowing the user to delete applications directly from within the App Center).