Apple iPhone 2.2 Software Update: Available Now, details
The all new Apple iPhone 2.2 Firmware Update is available right now and we have some details about how to install and what the features include. For starters this install of the free iPhone 2.2 Software Update will give you public transit and walking directions, Google Street View and much more.
How to install iPhone 2.2 Software:
1. Make sure you are using iTunes 8. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Download iTunes 8
2. When iTunes opens, select your iPhone under Devices in the Source List on the left.
3. In the iPhone Summary pane, click Check for Update.
4. Click Download and Install. Do not disconnect your iPhone until the update has finished
Now what will you get with the new update?
– Enhancements to Maps
o Google Street View*
o Public transit and walking directions
o Display address of dropped pins
o Share location via email
– Decrease in call setup failures and dropped calls
– Enhancements to Mail
o Resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
o Improved formatting of wide HTML email
– Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes application (over Wi-Fi and cellular network)
– Improved stability and performance of Safari
– Improved sound quality of Visual Voicemail messages
– Pressing Home button from any Home screen displays the first Home screen
– Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard Settings
Details on the features:
Google Street View
Street View takes you on a virtual walking tour: Navigate street-level photographs of places you’ve located in Maps.
Public Transit and Walking Directions
Get walking directions, find public transit schedules, check fares, and estimate your travel time.
Tap the Share Location button to send an email that includes a Google Maps URL.
Get access to millions of free podcasts on the iTunes Store via Wi-Fi or your cellular network.
A new search-friendly user interface, better performance, and more stability make Safari even easier to use.
Home Screen Shortcut
Take a shortcut from any Home screen back to your first Home screen by pressing the Home button.