iPhone 5 Assembly Begins Ready For Launch In Oct

Phones Review Quickie: Obviously before Apple can release the next generation iPhone the iOS smartphone has to be assembled, and the latest word is that manufacturers have now begun assembling the iPhone 5 in preparation for an expected October release of the much talked about Apple device.

According to an article over on Apple Insider, Japanese website Macotakara claims that a “Chinese source” says 2 manufacturers have now started assembling the next iPhone. Although the word is the iPhone 5 units are being stockpiled without packaging due to Apple not having iOS 5 ready for instillation.

Word is iPhone maker Foxconn has the lion’s share with 85% with Pegatron picking up the remaining 15% of assembly with the report intimating that the iPhone 5 will see launch sometime early October and late October or early November for Asia.

This assembly of the iPhone 5 report does fall in line with the anticipated rumours of an early October release for the iPhone 5, with the latest rumours claiming the possibility of Best Buy launching the next generation iPhone in the first week of next month.

Although of course there has been no confirmation on any of the reports from Apple and as such remain firmly in the realms of speculation, but the general consensus in the mobile space is that the mobile arena will finally see the iPhone 5 in October, whether that be in the early part of the month or later remains to be seen.

Live Comment

Your email address will not be published.