iPhone 5 Record Millions By Years End

Obviously once Apple decided to unleash the next generation iPhone to the masses they will be hoping to shift the iOS smartphone by the millions and apparently has set their target to shifting record setting millions of the iPhone 5 by the end of 2011with a target figure of 30 million.

According to the guys over at Apple Insider, if Apple do manage to deliver 30 million iPhone 5 units by the year’s end it will beat the previous record of 20.34 million units that were sold back in their june 2011 quarter.

Furthermore according to the article, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo told them the iPhone 5 will carry the same 512MB DRAM as the current iPhone 4 and will still feature a glass front and back and that the iPhone 5 will feature an improved antenna although Kuo says there will be “little difference to its shape,” and users will not seem much of a difference in the handsets appearance.

Apparently Kuo has also stated that the iPhone 5 will be available in both black and white on launch while 60% of the iPhone 5 units already assembled are the black model and also reiterated that Foxconn is responsible for 85% of manufacturing while Pegatron is responsible for the remaining 15% as previously reported.

Obviously Apple is looking at doing something with the antenna so that the iPhone 5 doesn’t suffer the same issues as the iPhone 4 when it launched although just what they have done with the antenna is unclear at this time.

Judging by analysts reports, albeit unconfirmed by Apple, it would appear that the iPhone 5 wont be that much different from the current iPhone 4 although rumour has it the fifth generation iOS smartphone will have an 8 megapixel camera, and apparently the size of the camera module is one of the main reasons the design of the iPhone 5 hasn’t received a radical redesign.

So if all things turn out equal, the big question is if the iPhone 5 isn’t a great deal different to the current iPhone 4 will you throw you cash at Apple to grab the smartphone or will you continue to play along with your iPhone 4?

Live Comment

Your email address will not be published.