HTC U Play announced with Secondary Display and 16MP Selfie Snapper
The wait is finally over. HTC has taken the wraps off their first handsets of the year including the first mid-range smartphone of 2017 with the HTC U Play. It’s not in the same class as it’s brother the U Ultra, but will certainly get the job done while taking some solid selfies to boot.
While the HTC U Play isn’t in the flagship class, it looks to be a solid mid-ranger with some nice features. It will also please consumers in the camera department where it shines. With that in mind, let’s take a quick look at the HTC U Play specifications.
HTC U Ultra Specifications
- 5.2-inch Super LCD 1,920 x 1,080
- MediaTek Helio P10 processor
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- 32GB/64GB of internal storage (expandable)
- 16MP rear camera w/ Laser AF, PDAF, OIS and Dual-Tone LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with UltraPixel mode
- Fingerprint Scanner, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band Wi-Fi, HTC Connect, 4G LTE, GPS/GLONASS
- USB 2.0 Type-C w/2,500mAh battery and fast charging
- Android 7.0 w/ Sense Companion AI
The HTC U Ultra hits the sweet spot in several areas, and that camera combo should take some great photos. That said, the price will likely make or break this one, and that is one detail HTC left out. At the moment, we’re not sure when the metal-clad HTC U Play will land, but will keep you updated as more details come in.