Should I really buy an iPhone 3G? 8 reasons why you shouldnâ€™t
Many of you are still pondering on the thought whether you should buy the Apple iPhone 3G or not, personally myself will be getting an upgrade, but sit back and think hard at the reasons why you should not.
We will give you the eight reasons why you should not because these are some of the reasons our readers have come up with. The Apple iPhone is the hype product of the year and many will either love it or will not.
The reasons you should not be standing outside a store to buy the Apple iPhone 3G:
1) The current Apple iPhone has the choice of the free firmware 2.0 update, this update basically covers most of what the 3G version will have, and do you really need to pay more monthly.
2) Do you really need a phone with GPS on it, especially if you are an AT&T customer, AT&T will know exactly where you are.
3) As Walt Mossberg said in his video, the battery life is much shorter than that of the current iPhone. The battery life for voice using 3G is pretty poor.
4) The backing is plastic on the 3G version and not brushed Steel, not to sure if the plastic will last very well.
5) The iPhone 3G only has a 2 megapixel camera which means it is not a decent camera phone, recording videos is a big no no.
6) With Apple, Carphone Warehouse and O2 not being able to deliver pre-orders online continually without crashing is a pain in the ass. Some O2 and Carphone Warehouse stores in the UK have not got a clue what is going on. If they do not know anything how the hell can we trust them.
7) The HTC Touch Diamond, Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 and the Samsung Omnia seem to be a great comparison, many readers here on Phones Review seem to like these 3 handsets better than the iPhone 3G.
8 ) The chances of getting an iPhone 3G on Friday are pretty slim seeing as they are only stocking a few dozen in store.
These are the 8 reasons why you should not buy the Apple iPhone 3G; personally we are because we want our hands on it so we can give it a full hands on review with pictures and video. We will publish another article on the 8 Reasons why you “Should” buy the Apple iPhone. Come back tomorrow for this.