iOS 5 download time countdown, what to do: Update
The iOS download time is near and we are counting down, this is the biggest Apple software countdown to date and millions will be sitting right there next to their laptops / desktops etc hitting the update button within iTunes.
No one know what the exact time the iOS 5 update will go live tomorrow (Oct 12), but we are suggesting 10am in US (Pacific Time) and 6pm (GMT London Time).
This post on iPhone Rumors makes some suggestions on what you should do before updating your iPhone, and as we’re very close to the iPhone iOS 5 download time, how about a little refresh for our beloved readers on what to do before installing this new Apple software onto your iDevice.
Here come the tips:
1. Make sure you have an Apple iPhone etc (Only joking as that’s obvious).
2. On a serious note now — Visit Apples website and check to see if your iPhone is compatible with the new iOS 5, the reason we mention this is all down to the fact that older models such as the iPhone 3G and before will not be able to install.
3. Make sure you have the latest iTunes; tomorrow will see iTunes getting its 10.5 update.
4. Make sure you back up your Apple device before installing iOS 5.
5. Update all you applications, probably best to have all the updated apps as well as many of them will support iOS 5.
6. If you are into jailbreaking, you may want to revert back their software before updating, this is your choice though.
7. Once again BACKUP your iOS device before installing iOS 5, just in case something goes wrong.
We will let you know when the new iOS 5 goes live, personally we would wait until Thursday 13th because tomorrow everyone will be smashing the servers to bits to get the new iOS 5, it will be the case of MILLIONS hitting that update button all at once.
What time do you think Apple will make iOS 5 download live?
UPDATE: Sorry all, but iOS 5 is not live yet, we just like you are sitting here waiting patiently. Stay with us. Just to let you know we are starting our “iOS 5 public problems and discussions” page for you all to come. Oh and iCloud.com has gone live but you will need iOS 5 to enter etc, read more here.
Update 2: iOS 5 Release worldwide time zones
Update 3: iOS 5 is now live, go download